If you are experiencing some discomfort after you’ve tightened your braces, then our Advanced Center for Orthodontics team is happy to help you! We have some tips that will give you the comfort you deserve in no time, and those tips are:
- Swish warm water around in your mouth.
- Have a soft-foods diet. If you eat hard, tough foods, it will only make the soreness worse.
- Take medication that will relieve your pain, like Tylenol and Advil. Make sure you follow the instructions on the bottle and only take the medication as necessary.
- Try to chew as much as possible. The more you chew, the faster you will feel comfort.
- Call our office and schedule an appointment with your orthodontist if the pain does not go away after three days.
Now that you know how to soothe the soreness after your adjustment appointment, you should feel comfortable and relieved and you should be able to return to your normal, everyday activities. To learn more about orthodontics in Freehold, New Jersey, or how to proceed through your treatment with the most comfort possible, we encourage you to call 732-308-0022 at your earliest convenience and talk to Dr. Michael Chung or a member of our orthodontic team. We are pleased to give you the tips and information you need to succeed!